We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
All personal information supplied by you voluntarily or mandatory will be recorded and processed regardless of the form or medium in which the information was supplied. We have a strong commitment to providing excellent service to all our customers, including concerns about privacy. We will explicitly ask when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you.
The personal information we process includes and is not limited to: Company Registration Number, business address, business contact details, VAT Registration numbers, bank details and personal details of the Proprietors, Directors, Members and Shareholders.
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or via e-mail so that we may:
- Transact with you via sms, telephone, mobile phone, postal address, website or e-mail to provide services and/or products to you.
- To inform you of new services and products
- Respond to any query or comment received from you
- Enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for supply of services for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information
- Improve your experience on our website.
Generally personal information is requested when requesting a particular service or goods. You agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything. The provision of misleading information by Customer may lead to termination of the business relationship. It remains the responsibility of the customer to immediately advise us of any change to its personal information should any of the customer details change including, but not limited to, a change in ownership or control of the customer.
We shall be entitled to disclose personal information if required to do so:
- To comply with applicable law or with legal processes served on our company
- In order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- With employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to your personal information.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
– treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
– take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
– promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
– provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
– We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
Personal Information processed by us will be routed/transferred to a third country. The following security measures will apply:
- Personal information will only be transferred to employees of our companies situated in a third country.
- We will adopt the necessary technical, administrative and physical security measures in terms of POPIA for protection of your personal information.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
You have the right at any time to:
- Rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- Object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- Request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- Lodge a complaint with us.
- You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information:
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
Should you have any queries, please contact our POPIA Information Officer, Kevin Martin, at firstname.lastname@example.org who shall attend to your query.